Outreach and consultation services are an integral part of Cook Counseling Center’s mission of reaching out to students, faculty and staff through the provision of educational programming and workshops.
*NOTE: Due to public health considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic, CCC outreach programming is currently being delivered in a virtual format only.
These programs and workshops are designed to enhance the learning and development of students, faculty and staff. Outreach services also include providing consultation when there is a concern about the behavior or well-being of a student. Programs that have been requested in the past include issues such as eating disorders, stress management, time management, healthy relationships, depression in college students, and orientation to Cook Counseling Center’s services.
Our staff members also work with faculty members who would like presentations or facilitation of discussions that address specific concerns of college students and complement their course content. The staff works with faulty members to develop programs specific to their needs while also offering programs for special, national events, such as National Depression Screening Day and Eating Disorder Awareness week.
- Stress Management
- How to Refer a Distressed Student
- Trauma Response (after a loss)
- Adjusting to Freshman Year
- QPR Gatekeeper Training (Suicide Prevention)
- Orientation to Cook Counseling Center’s Services
- How to Refer a Friend to Cook Counseling Center
- Healthy Relationships
- Body Image Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Referring International Students
- How to Identify Students in Distress
- Understanding Diversity
- Depression in African Americans
- Public Speaking
- Communication and Listening Skills
- Getting Along with Your Roommate
- Exercise and Mental Health
- Culture Shock: How to Manage it and what to Expect
- Managing Emotions in a Healthy Way
To secure one of the above outreach programs, please fill out the Outreach Request Form.
If you would like to request an interview with one of the counselors, please complete the Outreach Interview Request Form.