Virtual Health and Well-being
As part of Virginia Tech's partnership with TimelyMD, students now have free, 24/7 access to virtual care services with TimelyCare – the virtual health and well-being platform from TimelyMD, designed for college students.
Students will have access to:
- unlimited on-demand mental health support 24/7, available to all Virginia Tech students throughout the world, through TalkNow,
- unlimited access to health coaching, available to all Virginia Tech students throughout the world,
- and scheduled counseling sessions, limited to 12 sessions per academic year, available to all Virginia Tech students throughout the United States.
Register for TimelyCare online or download the app. It only takes a few minutes to register.
What is TimelyCare?
- TimelyCare is a virtual health and well-being platform available 24/7, 365 days a year, for Virginia Tech students.
Who can use TimelyCare?
- Any enrolled Virginia Tech student can use TimelyCare. Scheduled counseling is available wherever you are in the US, and Health Coaching and TalkNow services are available wherever you are around the world. Additionally, TimelyCare provides live translation for over 250 languages.
What services are available?
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support to talk about anything, including anxiety, relationships, depression, and school-related stressors. This can be a supplement to therapy, or standalone. It is unlimited.
- Scheduled Counseling: Choose the day, time (including later evenings and weekend availability), and mental health provider that works best for you. Students can look through the bios, specializations, and identities of the providers to find a match a good match. Over half the TimelyCare providers hold a BIPOC identity. All of their providers have training in the diverse needs of college students. This service is best for students seeking ongoing counseling services over multiple appointments, which last approximately 50 minutes each. Sessions can extend to 12 appointments over the course of the calendar year, which resets each fall. Students cannot engage in concurrent individual therapy with a provider at Cook Counseling and scheduled (on-going) therapy through Timely Care.
- Health Coaching: Develop healthy lifestyle behaviors for nutrition, sleep habits, time management, and mindfulness. This can be a supplement to therapy, or standalone as well. It is unlimited.
- Self-Care Content: Visit the Explore page within TimelyCare for guided self-care content.
How do I login?
- Go to timelycare.com/virginiatech or download the TimelyCare app to access care. Use your VT email to log in.
How much does a visit cost?
- There is no cost to enrolled Virginia Tech students.
I already have insurance. How does TimelyCare benefit me?
- With TimelyCare, you will have free, 24/7 access to providers from anywhere in the United States. You will not be asked for your insurance information. So, you’ll never have to spend time or money looking for care, whether you’re on or off campus.
What about my privacy?
- TimelyCare values the privacy of its patients and the confidentiality of the personal health information entrusted to us. In order to protect this privacy, policies and procedures are put into place that limit disclosure of personal information to only those that the patient has given permission, and/or those required by law or public safety. TimelyCare providers do securely send records to be electronically filed at Cook Counseling Center.
What can I be treated for?
- TimelyCare’s providers can offer support for a wide range of common stressors and mental health concerns, and after talking with you, will together decide on the best course of treatment.
Can I download the app, even if I don’t need to use currently?
- Yes, we encourage all students to download the app. Just as students download VT Ready or Uber, if you ever need it, you will be registered and ready to use it quickly. It only takes a few minutes to download the app and register. For questions about the service or IT support, call 833-4-Timely.